The experiences of my life
Namoh Narayan ! By the grace of Shri Shanidev Maharaj, I have got the opportunity to talk and discourse on a topic which is very dear to me. I am going to deliberate upon the greatness of the lord of lords Shanidev from different angles. There are many misconceptions and baseless thoughts about Shanidev in circulation. Many people have painted a fearsome picture about him. I am going to remove all those misconceptions through my discourses.
Dear friends! I have experienced personally that Shanidev is not an enemy but a dear friend. I have realized that this lord is greatly merciful, benevolent and blissful. You will surely be blessed if your life and actions are guided by goodness towards others. Human life is meant for Karma 1 and we are rewarded according to our Karma?only.
That is why I want to stress that there is no reason to be afraid of Shanidev. If at all we need to be afraid of something, it should be our evil actions. Man, by nature, relishes pointing figures at others or spreading ill feelings towards others. That is why there is this tendency to brand Shanidev as the root cause of all our misfortunes. But that is not true at all. The root cause of all our misfortunes is our Karma? We reap that fruit what we have sowed. This is my mission to present Shanidev in his right perspective.
I assure you whatever I am going to discourse upon is entirely based on my personal experiences and perceptions. Maybe, this may not appeal to many. But my sole realization has been that Shanidev is an embodiment of all that is pious, merciful, complete bliss, absolute truth and completeness. He leads to salvation and why not? He is the son of Sun and the planet form of Lord Vishnu tortoise?incarnation.
Dear friends! Why should you be scared of one who releases you from all fears? What is this contradiction? So I appeal to you to have faith in my Lord, you will be blessed. I am going to narrate to you how I received Shanidevs limitless compassion and there is no exaggeration in my narration. Whatever I am today or whatever I will be or whatever I have got, it is all due to the benevolence of Shanidev. To quote Kabir 2
Jo kuchh kiya so aapne, main kuchh kiya nahin
Jo yadi kaho ki main kiya, to tum hee the mujhh maheen
Whatever was done, you did it; I did nothing. If you say I did it, it was you in me who did it.
The whole world, today, is a victim of wrong notions, superstitions, misconceptions regarding Shanidev and attribute all mishaps, misfortunes to different astronomical or astrological phases of Shani and fall at his feet when in great trouble.
But my personal experiences relate that Shanidev is the high priest of divine justice. He rewards or punishes according to the Karma? If he is annoyed quickly, he can be pacified also fast. He is a disciple of Lord Shiva and a friend of Lord Hanuman. In the present day fast world, man has hardly anytime for long meditations or the rigors of worship. But if one can worship this Lord of Kalyug? 3 piously and devotedly, the devotees wishes are surely fulfilled and I myself am an evidence to that.
I was born in the Pali District of Rajasthan. I left home at the age of seven in search of the ultimate. I mastered Sadhana4 and learnt astrology with the blessings of my gurus ?revered Devraha Baba, Vairavi Ma Rukmini and Karpatriji Maharaj, I also learnt the intricacies of Yoga?from Swami Shivanandji Maharaj. I encountered many accomplished and awakened yogis in the holy terrain of the Himalayas who helped me in my quest for knowledge and also reach the great saint Saturn whose instructions on the elements made my life worth-while. I returned home on his bidding and as I returned I had the opportunity to seek Shanidevs support and blessings. This had been foretold much earlier by revered Devraha Baba and Ma Rukmini. Henceforth the only mission of my life has been to serve the needy.
Before I took refuge at the feet of Shri Shanidev, my life was full of restlessness. I was troubled by opposing currents of life. I was like a fish out of water. In spite of being a Sadhu5 myself, there was no peace within me. Nor could I reap the fruit of my asceticism. I couldnt concentrate. I tried to do everything possible, yet there was a strange feeling of emptiness. But since I took refuge in the worship of Shanidev, my life has taken a new direction and it has become blissful, serene and full of devotion.
I have taken a pledge to start a movement against all misconceptions about Shanidev. For this I have instituted a huge idol of Shanidev as the main deity at Shri Siddth Shakti Peeth Shani Dham. Devotees come here and offer prayers and oil to Shanidev and get rid of their troubles. They feel relieved of mental and physical tensions. Remember always, your faith and reverence for Shanidev should be deep and unconditional.
We pass through sometimes favorable conditions and sometimes unfavorable, as a result of which we are filled with joy or sadness according to the situation. Who doesnt love happiness or hate sorrow?
But we must not forget that it is our own actions which decide the result. We suffer because of our ill-deeds. That is why we should not blame any God or fate or any planet for our misfortunes though it is quite natural that people seek doctors, astrologers etc.
when they are in stress. People come to me also to find relief from their misery. I advise people to get in touch with those specialists who can deal with specific problems because I am neither a doctor nor a lawyer nor a counselor. I can only offer compassion and advise people to do Good. My deity is Shanidev and his blessings are with those who devote their lives to the well-being of others. Service to the homeless, abandoned and unprotected is service to Shanidev.
If a person devotes his life to this kind of service, there can not be any unfavorable wind in his life. But in case for some reason, if he is still troubled by misfortunes, I can guide him rightly how to get the blessings of Shanidev and lead a life of peace and happiness.
Tri-formula for realising all dreams and overcoming obstacles
1. Serve your parents.
2. Husband ?Wife should lead a righteous life.
3. Be loyal to the nation. Never betray your nation.
This three ?fold path should be followed by anyone who wants to spread the fragrance of peace and happiness in his life. Along with the above I prescribe a few more ways which if adopted will surely lead to success in life.
- Help a needy and helpless person to get his daughter married.
- Lend your helping hand to bring up a poor girl-child.
- Contribute towards the education of a needy, helpless child.
- Help a needy person towards his medical treatment, food and clothes requirement.
If you follow the above, you can overcome all obstacles and receive the blessings of Shanidev. One should try to contribute in the above ways according to ones means. After fulfilling the above, if you follow ways prescribed in the scriptures, you will be successful.
Overcoming obstacles A person who has been suffering because of his earlier Karma? should offer oil to the idol of Shanidev for 21 Saturdays or 21 Tuesdays starting on any Saturday. Shanidev will be appeased at this and bless him.
Light an earthen lamp with Ghee and oil following the tri-formulae. Read the Hanuman Chalisa? 6 five times in the morning and in the evening regularly. Continue this for 172 days. You will overcome all obstacles if you follow this.
Ways to be successful in business
I am going to prescribe a few ways on how to be successful in business - work. Human birth is mainly a work ?related ‘Yoni7 and Shanidev is god’s reward ?dispensing planet representation. So, if anyone is not happy with his work performance or return in business, he should devote himself to the worship of Shanidev. Devotion to Shanidev helps in overcoming physical and mental obstacles which affect the quality of our work.
If you are not able to concentrate in your work or you are facing losses due to unforeseen obstacles or you are facing any kind of difficulty in your work sphere or means of livelihood, follow religious rites on Saturdays. Eat food without salt only, once a day. Continue this for 7, 11 or 43 Saturdays. If you start the religious rite of Shanidev with a wish and your wish gets fulfilled before the stipulated number of Saturdays get over, you must continue following the rites for the number of days you’ve vowed for. Or in case your wish is not fulfilled within the stipulated Saturdays, you must restart and continue the whole cycle. It may happen that the situations are so adverse that short rites may not yield results.
And if it is discontinued, then there is no reward for whatever rites have been followed. So it is necessary that you continue with your religious vows till you reach your goal.
- Light an oil-lamp every evening and keep it under a ‘Peepal8 tree. Do this along with your Saturday rites. Also tell the beads reciting “Om Shan Shanshicharaya namah?sitting under the ‘Peepal?tree.
- For success in work and fulfillment of your wishes, pour a pot of water at the root of a ‘Peepal?tree every morning after bath. Recite “Om Pran Prin Proun Sah Shanayaiee namah?and go round the tree seven times. Continue this till you get success in your work.
Easy home remedies for certain ailments
We need physical strength and intelligence to do whatever work we may be doing. We have started avoiding physical work due to the access of machines available around us.As a result people have started suffering from sugar. Those who are the victims of sugar must follow certain remedies immediately.
- Take 24 ?25 grams juice of fresh ‘Neem?9 leaves in empty stomach in the morning. This will reduce the extent of sugar in blood and urine immediately. Boiled bitter gourd along with its skin taken in main course is also helpful. This is a certain remedy but one must be careful in its intake also as an excess of it may lead to diarrhoea. Black berry, radish, lime and fenugreek seeds are also helpful in reducing sugar in blood.
- Walk a kilometer while chewing 3 leaves of black berry, 3 leaves of wood ?apple and 3 leaves of tulsi. Again chew the same combination of leaves and complete 2 kilometer. Follow the same procedure and walk back home. This will help you get rid of sugar within a few days.
- Dry in ?season bitter gourd and use it throughout the year. Take one tea ?spoon of fenugreek powder and one tea ?spoon of dry bitter gourd powder every morning in empty stomach. This will cure your diabetes.
- Chew and eat around seven leaves of black berry every morning and evening. This gives surprising relief from sugar.
- 3 ?4 cloves of garlic if taken everyday, gives great relief to diabetic patients. This reduces the chances of heart ailments also.
Of all our sensory products, speech is the most delicate and it has an important role to play. We can convey our thoughts to others through speech. So, people with speechproblem or stammer find it difficult to negotiate other work.
- People with speech-problem or stammer should take the following. Boil 5 grams of fennel seeds (saunf) in 300 grams of water. When the water reduces to 100 grams, mix 50 grams of sugar candy (misri) and 250 grams of cow’s milk and drink this every night before going to sleep. By god’s grace, you will get rid of stammering within a few days.
- ‘Shankh?mudra10 is very beneficial to cure stammering. Practise this mudra for 15 ?20 minutes everyday. To practise this mudra, hold the left thumb with the right hand and the right thumb with the left hand. This is ‘Shankh?Mudra.
How to get rid of bad breath
People avoid those who have bad breath. One would not like even to sit with such people. So, one should not neglect such a problem. There are easy ways to get rid of it.
- Dry the peel of a sweet pomegranate in the sun. Boil this in water and gurgle with this when lukewarm. Do it everyday in the morning and in the evening. This will cure bad breath and foul smell in the mouth.
- Chew 4 ?5 leaves of coriander (dhania) after meals. This will remove bad ?breath and also help in digestion.
- Raw onion and garlic help in killing microscopic bacteria in the mouth. If the strong smell of the above trouble you, chew green coriander after this. This will eliminate the pungent smell of onion & garlic.
- If the foul smell in the mouth is very strong because of some reasons, 4 ?5 leaves of mint should be chewed and then the teeth should be brushed. The smell will disappear.
If the above remedies fail to cure bad ?breath, then the cause of bad ?breath might be some other serious disease. For this one must seek the advice of an experienced doctor.
Strength boosting concoction (Shakti Vardhak Panchmrit Awaleha)
It is suicidal to ignore physical weaknesses. Easy remedies have been prescribed by our wise seers to get rid of physical weakness.
- Take a tola (approx 13 grams) each of dry ginger, rock salt, black pepper and small ‘Peeper? Grind them together and sieve through a muslin cloth. Mix in it ground 40 tola of black ‘Draksh?seeds (Grapes). Keep the mixture in a dry glass jar. This is call ‘Panchamrit Awaleha. If you take a tola of it every morning and every evening, you’ll get rid of constipation, lack of appetite, cough etc. This will enhance appetite, improve digestion and increase physical strength.
Ways to cure bowel disorders
The stomach is an important organ of our body. Digestion of food takes place in the stomach. The body gets the nutrients from the digested food and the waste is excreted. When there is an obstacle to this process, diseases take place. When the excreta is not cleared completely, it gives rise to bowel disorders. The ways to cure bowel disorders are the following.
- Take two ripe bananas. Mix ‘gur11, salt or curd in it and take it for a few days. This is a self - experienced easy remedy to get rid of bowel disorder.
- The bark of the black ?berry is also very helpful. Take 15 grams of the bark and boil it in 150 grams of water. When the water reduces to half, mix 1 ?tola of honey in it and drink.
- ‘Amla12 is good in stomach problems. This is also known as the sure shot cure to bowel disorder. Take half a spoon of ‘amla?powder and soak it in 100 grams of water in an earthen pot for the whole night. Sieve it through a clean cloth and drink it in empty stomach. You will be rid of the problem easily.
- Take 20 grams of fennel seeds and boil it in 100 grams of water. When the water reduces to half, mix black salt in it and take twice a day. This helps in curing bowel disorder or diarrhoea.
Skin is a very important part of our body which covers our entire body and we feel the sense of touch through this. Sometimes the skin gets affected due to some infection. We must not ignore this ailment. No ailment should be considered small. If neglected, ordinary skin ailment can turn serious. Eczema is such a skin ailment which does not get cured easily. Sometimes it leads to secretion of pus like watery substance.
- Take a piece of turmeric (haldi) and scrub it over the eczema ?affected part. Then apply a thick coat of turmeric powder on it. Continue this for a few days and you will be relieved of eczema.
- Apply a coat of paste made from scrubbing a ‘Peepal?bark with water.
- The extract of tulsi is a sure ?shot cure for eczema.
- Apply the pulp of ripe banana mixed with lime juice. If applied regularly, eczema can be cured easily.
Human body is covered with hair almost all over more or less. The hair provides protection to the body from excessive heat or cold, minor injuries etc. As man got removed from natural surroundings with evolution and progress, the need of hair on the body also lessened. So the quantity decreased whereas animals like the bear, monkey and birds still have a thick coat of hair on their bodies. Man started paying a lot of attention to the hair on head for beauty purposes in course of time. Let us see how we can maintain the good health of hair which adds to our physical beauty.
- Soak a few ‘amlas?at night in water. Wash your head with this water in the morning. This will strengthen the roots of the hair and enhance its natural beauty.
- Fenugreek seeds (methi) are very helpful in controlling fall of hair. Grind the seeds finely. Make a paste by mixing it in lukewarm water. Apply on the hair. This will stop hair fall.
- Grind ‘arhar?dal. Mix it with lime juice. Apply at the root of hair. Keep it for 1 ?- 2 hrs. Then wash your head. If this is followed for a few days, hair-fall will stop.